Re: checkrestart and dovecot

Hi,

On 15/11/2011 7:31 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
Andrew McGlashan wrote:
# checkrestart
Found 2 processes using old versions of upgraded files
(1 distinct program)
(1 distinct packages)
These processes do not seem to have an associated init script to
restart them:
dovecot-imapd:
         18981   /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
         14795   /usr/lib/dovecot/imap

No updates since these processes were started.

How do I find out which is the offending component?

You would want to restart 'dovecot'.

   # service dovecot restart

The checkrestart script can't deduce the right restart script since
the programs running are in dovecot-imapd but the restart script is in
dovecot-common.

Yes, but I've stopped and restarted dovecot. New processes *later* come up as flagged by checkrestart as using old versions of upgraded files. So, something is still getting old files somehow..... with no further system changes whatsoever

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM