Re: Is for this community XFCE the most common DE to replace GNOME 3?

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 23:53:59 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> LXDE is even smaller and faster, but also has less features.

Interesting comment. What in your opinion is missing?

FWIW I am using LXDE and Openbox and have not noticed any missing
functionality which cannot be remedied by editing a text file.
Disclaimer: I do run a couple of GNOME applications; i.e. Gedit 2 (as I
find macros useful, and there are none available AFAIK for Leafpad), and
Evince, as I didn't find the default LXDE PDF viewer satisfactory.