Re: Is for this community XFCE the most common DE to replace GNOME 3?

On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 20:39 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> do most of you replace GNOME 3 by XFCE?

Starting with Squeeze I've been using XFCE full time to replace Gnome
2.x.  For whatever reason in Squeeze Gnome is slower than molasses.
Gnome was fine in Lenny.   I've always had Xfce installed alongside
Gnome and have always liked it for its performance and features.  It's a
great lightweight and relatively customizable DE.

> I'm undecided what to do, but I guess it would be wise to install
> parallel to GNOME 3 the most used alternative installed by users who are
> subscribed to this list.
>
> Excepted of KDE users, XFCE seems to be the most used replacement for
> GNOME 3. Am I mistaken?

I have not tried it myself but judging by this weekend's deluge of
threads regarding Gnome 3 I will be avoiding it like MRSA.

--
Pete Orrall
ppatfcb@gmail.com