Re: Re (4): Using a Fire-i camera

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 11:53:09 -0700, peasthope wrote:

> From:	Camaleon <noelamac@gmail.com>
> Date:	Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:39:03 +0000 (UTC)
>> Anyway, Coriander expects a "/dev/raw1394" device, do you already have
>> that?
>
> According to https://ieee1394.wiki.kernel.org/ juju doesn't use
> /dev/raw1394. peter@joule:~$ ls /dev/raw*
> ls: cannot access /dev/raw*: No such file or directory peter@joule:~$ ls
> /dev/fw*
> /dev/fw0  /dev/fw1

Yes.

You can use another program to capture your raw camera flow while
Coriander is updated or try to do a symlink to the real device, something
like "ln -s /dev/fw0 /dev/raw1394" and the run coriander from command
line to get the errors.

>> (software ††' software and not hardware ††' software which seems
to be
>> your case) :-?
>
> Coriander gives the live image from the camera.  My interpretation was
> that juju replaced /dev/raw1394 with /dev/fw0 and that Coriander takes
> /dev/fw0 as input and that vloopback creates /dev/fw1 and that another
> application should be able to use /dev/fw1.

Wow, that's a more elaborated reasoning :-)

I would have think that Coriander is just outdated and need to be
adjusted to work with the new firewire stack.

>> https://ieee1394.wiki.kernel.org/articles/i/n/t/Introduction.html
>
> I'll have to read further and check installed packages again. Juju might
> not be working properly here.

Keep us informed. I'm sure this same question will hit many other users
that will face your same situation in a near future. It is still not
clear how is this now working.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón