Re: wifi without applets [WAS] Re: can I safelly remove gnome ?

Jerome,

On 14/11/11 12:19, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Hello List:
>
> On 14/11/11 12:08, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
>> On 14/11/11 11:19, Joao Ferreira Gmail wrote:
>>> [...]
>> I am still currently unable to manage network-manager through the
>> nm-applet as user.
>> [...]
>
> concerning the wireless network connect:
> with wpasupplicant running in roam mode applets are not needed:
> This last week-end I migrated from Gnome 2/3 to Xfce (I wonder why),
> this approach allowed a smooth migration.

This is really interesting. Could you elaborate a bit more? Do you think it's hardware dependent? Does the 'hardware' switch (of any) work? Any pointers to guides tutorials, maybe willing to share your own setup?

Thanks,
Lorenzo