Re: Into: Coming over to Debian from Ubuntu

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:22:17 -0500, Tom H wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:47:33 -0500, Douglas Saylor wrote:
>>
>> (...)
>>
>>> *Meanwhile* iOS is *so* polished, so easy, so intuitive & yes*very*
>>> pretty.
>>
>> Apple products are so closed, so limited and so restricted that renders
>> you hardware into a beatiful brick.
>
> Closed, yes.
>
> A brick, no.
>
> Limited and restrictive are relative notions...

It's all relative... But to my eyes, Apple devices are just beautiful
bricks, plenty of traps with an invisible and "costly" price (and I'm not
speaking about $). I cannot feel confortable with a company policy that
prevents the movements of the users for their products in the way Apple
does.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón