Re: Is GNOME 2 panel still in unstable?

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 11:59:47 +0000, Richard wrote:

> If gnome3 was more user configurable it would be OK, I'm still using it
> on my laptop with FC15. My problems are:
> no automatic login~ yes I've set the user options and they get ignored

This already has to be working. It does for me.

Look at your "/etc/gdm3/daemon.conf" and check if these values are set:

[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable = true
AutomaticLogin = your_username

> No floating panel in gnome3 so everything has to be down from the
> pulldown menus

What do you mean by this? :-?

> How do you switch DM to LXDE etc, there is nothing on the
> login pane as there used to be.

I have TWM in the dropdown menu so other desktops should be also present.

> I maybe stuck in fallback mode , but how do you get out of it ?

Give gnome-shell a time... newer versions will be more customizable and
3.2 is now in experimental. Let's hope Wheezy is released with "gnome-
shell" 3.4.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón