trn package configuration

The news reader goes to localhost and expects to find news there in all
cases when first started up.  So far as I was able to find no
configuration file for it exists in the package and no way exists to make
a configuration file using the package contents or downloading another tar
file from the trn home page.  The dpkg-reconfigure --priority=low trn
command also appears to have no effect.  What I'd like to know is if stuff
is missing from that package that's needed or is my understanding
deficient as of now?  I had none of this trouble getting tin set up and if
I get trn set up, I'll be using a remote news server and if possible
automate authentication for connecting to that server with trn.

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>