Re: mutt and maildir++ format

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 09:05:40PM +0200, Allan Wind wrote:

> Does it work if hard-code maildir++ files?

It finds the mailboxes but when I want to change ('c') to ones with new
mail in, it does not show them.

> I use regular maildir mailboxes and use find to populate it:

> mailboxes `find $HOME/mail/received $HOME/mail/received/lists
> -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d \! -name spam -printf '%h/%f '; echo`

In the end I went back to my old solution to create symlinks with this script:

#!/bin/bash
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail

cd $MAILDIR

for i in $(find $HOME/Mail -maxdepth 1 -iname ".*" -type d)
    do
        ln -sv $i $(echo `basename "$i"` | sed -e 's/^\.//')
    done

and then my old setup in Mutt works.  I suppose I will have to run that
script from time to time as the new mailboxes get added.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory
      through our Lord Jesus Christ."
                              I Corinthians 15:57