Re: Testing Gnome3 Radeon OS complete system freeze

2011/11/10 Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld@askesis.nl>:
> On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 20:47 +0100, Javier Silva wrote:
>>
>> After freeze you can be accessed by ssh?
>> Your machine respond to ping?
>
> No , I cannot access the machine with ssh and I cannot ping the machine.
> I have tot use the on/off button to reboot the machine. Rebooting the
> machine with the just the reset button does not work: the machine is
> unable to find any boot disks.
>
> The troubles started after "upgrading" to Gnome3 and the open source
> radeon driver.

Before upgrade to Gnome3 and radeon opensource driver...

what driver you had installed?
which graphics card is installed (radeon model)?
how many monitors are installed?

does de following commands:

* disable GDM to no start -- update-rc.d -f gdm3 disable
* start a computer and login in console with a normal user
* type 'startx'

CTRL+ALT+F1 works?