Re: Bind9 (9.7.4)

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:
Hello,

Chris Brennan a écrit :

> I was discussing a bind issue that I am experiencing w/ an acquaintance on
> IRC this afternoon and he informed me that bind was updated to cover a
> latent bug in the DNS message processing code that could allow certain
> UPDATE requests to crash named.
>
> I'm currently running Bind 9.7.3, which as far as I can tell is the latest
> available on the stable squeeze repos.

AFAICS, this vulnerability has been fixed in Debian Squeeze, see
<http://www.debian.org/security/2011/dsa-2272>

OK, So my copy of bind is correctly up to date. That doesn't explain then why
I am getting random deaths of bind, multiple times a day. It doesn't log
anything, which is the odd part, and it fails to restart without human intervention
(cron isn't catching it for some reason, but that's not the bigger problem.)