Bind9 (9.7.4)

Greetings!

I was discussing a bind issue that I am experiencing w/ an acquaintance on
IRC this afternoon and he informed me that bind was updated to cover a
latent bug in the DNS message processing code that could allow certain
UPDATE requests to crash named.

I'm currently running Bind 9.7.3, which as far as I can tell is the latest
available on the stable squeeze repos. I am curious why 9.7.4 hasn't been
pushed out? The only reason I am concerned is because I am actually being
affected by this bug. Bind actually dies, hundreds of times a day and it's
really annoying. I am going to set up a new copy of bind from source to cover
this bug, but I would like to know why the new version hasn't been rolled out?
It has been months since it's initial release.

Change #2912 (see CHANGES) exposed a latent bug in the DNS message
processing code that could allow certain UPDATE requests to crash named.
[RT #24777] [CVE-2011-2464]

BIND 9.7.4 Released on 01 Aug 2011