Re: LibreOffice Base and light-weighted SQL DB

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 16:21:42 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 15:33:08 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> There are another frontend programs which are better prepared to deal
>> with this task, IMO.
>
> I'm all ears. What's your recommendation?

That will depend on what are your expectations.

- For a clone to MS Access (with easy wizards to make fancy reports or to
create forms with a few clicks...) there is Kexi, knoda or gnome-db.

- For "raw" data managing (update, insert, delete, import data operations
to tables or db maintanance) I've used frontends like phpmyadmin -web
based- or squirrel sql -java based.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón