Re: Debian install , need to add wireless firmware

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 04:00:09 -0800, rose perry wrote:

Is there any compelling reason why you are opening a new thread for
asking the same twice?

> Hello, I must clarify a few things,  I have no cd's no usb keys and im
> using the installer from google goodbye microsoft. I can't install from
> network because it can't detect my wireless card.  I have the firmware
> on my win XP partition but have no idea how to get it to the installer.
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

Debian's Windows installer needs to fetch the content from network or
suitable media (that you seem not having). If you go for the network
path, you need to load the firmware (are you sure you need the firmware
at all?) from a suitable place¹ (that you seem neither having) so unless
you put the firmware under a spare FAT32 partition of your disk (which it
can work or fail) I don't see how can you get the system installed.

Anyway, the installer only allows a WEP based encryption schema (not WPA)
so you will also have to check this.

> Also is there a way to do a full install from xp parittion?

With your current situation (no CD nor USB nor ethernet card) I'd say
this is something hard to get.

¹http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch06s04.html.en

Greetings,

--