Re: Is it just me [Firefox resouce drain]

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

>> I've been logging on to verizonwireless periodically for a good while
>> and never saw this kind of pull down.  Only this new page seems to be a
>> heavy hitter.
>
> You can also try to load the same site with another browser and see if
> you experience a difference with it :-?

Yes, as part of this thread I did try iceweasel but same problem... I
guess no surprise since iceweasel is a form of Firefox.

Trying konqueror now:

   Much less of resource draw but then a good part of the page is
   simply not loaded.

  Everything in the top maroon colored area is just missing.
  And no error messages or any other messages.
  No login is possible with Konqueror.  That stuff is just missing.

Now trying opera:  Wow, what a vast improvment roughly 1/3 the power
drain.