Re: Partition problems.

Hello,

Thanks for your reaction. The NAS in question is a QNAP TS-109, a one bay model. From what I could gather the firmware is stored in flash and the disk is used to it's maximum for data storage. This is the layout I see when doing "cat /proc/partitions":

120060864 sdb
530113 sdb1
530145 sdb2
118913130 sdb3
72292 sdb4

The guys from Qnap have connected to the system in the past to try and repair it and they claimed the data was there but the "system partition is corrupt".

I'm letting ddrescue do its thing again, hopefully getting a better image. I found some things online in the Forensics wiki:

ddrescue --no-split /dev/sdb image log

followed by:

ddrescue --direct --max-retries=3 /dev/sdb image log

and finally:

ddrescue --direct --retrim --max-retries=3 /dev/sdb image log

Once the process completes I'll let e2fsck run again and come back with detailed error messages. Fingers crossed.

J.

-----Original Message----- From: Camaleón