Re: GDM Problems

On 11/03/2011 11:11 PM, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:
Dear List -

I updated Debian and was given the choice to pick gdm or gdm3. I picked gdm3. At this point, neither gdm or gdm3 work. I have switched to xfce, which I do not like. Is there any way either to make gdm3 operable or revert to gdm.

Thanks.

Ethan

Debian 6.0.1a  squeeze(sid)

gdm is the display manager, which is shared by both Gnome and Debian.
What exactly do you want installed? Gnome, I assume.
Go into Synaptic from XFCE, and mark the gnome metapackage, and then logout and in with the gnome session. Or... I am getting the wrong picture, and in this case I must require more info.