Re: RESOLVED: Learning ifpludg in CLI, WAS Re: laptop wireless setup, wpa_supplicant.conf, etc

Ooops.... my bad...

After I posted this message I found out that there is another problem with
my configuration.... so now I am sorry I attached those configuration
files...

Although the interfaces "work" as expected, I later noticed that my syslog
was getting filled with about 15 events logged _per_second_, evidently due
to some continued cycling through bringing the eth1 up and down over and
over...

At first I thought, OK, I'll just replace the

allow-hotplug eth1

with

auto eth1

(in the /etc/network/interfaces file) and that seemed to slow things down.
But still, eth1 is mysteriously (to me) being brought down every few
minutes and immediately brought back up. I don't understand this, and have
been working on it all afternoon trying to learn what triggers these
cycles.

I think I may start a new thread about that. But I feel bad if anyone were
to use my posted configurations files thinking that they are good-to-go
as-is ...

I've also removed the "auto eth1" statement from /e/n/i, which means I
have to bring eth1 up manually with "ifup eth1", but still the syslog
shows me that the interface is being brought down and then back up every
few minutes...

Keith