Re: Wifi with squeeze on Lenovo X61s laptop - difficulties

Bob Proulx wrote:
> poenikatu@operamail.com wrote:
> > Robert Holtzman wrote:
> > > what NIC are you running?
> >
> > What is an NIC?
>
> Network Interface Card.  You can find this by using 'lspci'.
>
>   $ lspci
>
> On my machine:
>
>   $ lspci | grep -i ethernet
>   00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 02)

And I suppose I should say that for wifi it will probably be something
like this one:

  $ lspci | grep -i network
  04:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2915ABG [Calexico2] Network Connection (rev 05)

In other words, I shouldn't have added the grep ethernet part that
might confuse you since that may be a different thing on your
machine.  I just grabbed an example from my machine.  Figure out what
network device you have from your listing.

Bob