Re: Wifi with squeeze on Lenovo X61s laptop - difficulties

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 16:30:06 -0700, poenikatu@operamail.com wrote:

>> > There is something strange with your postings and is that they're
>> > missing the "References:" and/or "In-Reply-To:" tags in the header so
>> > your messages render unthreaded in my newsreader. While they can look
>> > like threaded in Google Groups they're not on common MUAs.
>>
>> Thanks for your remarks. I use Ubuntu 11.10 and firefox to access
>> Google Groups. I don't have a newsreader. I am not even sure that
>> Ubuntu has such an animal.

If you have Evolution then you have a newsreader.

> The drawback to a newsreader is that one has to PAY for the use of a
> Usenet server.

That's simply not true. I use Gmane¹ servers with my newsreader client
and this service is of course, free (you don't have to spend a penny
unless you want to make a donation).

> Google groups is FREE of CHARGE and certainly enables me to post pure
> text messages.
>
> As a Linux user, I am not used to having to pay for internet usage.

You can use whatever posting method you prefer, I only noticed your
messages were broken (unthreaded) when reading them from a standard
compliant client. I don't know if Google Groups service is the culprit
but knowing how they manage their webmail, I bet it is.

¹http://gmane.org/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón