p7zip buggy?

Hello community,

it would be nice, if someone might confirm or deny the following error.

---------

7z a -v300m -mx=9 -p{mylamepassword} testfile.7z testfile.iso

7-Zip [64] 9.20  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18
p7zip Version 9.20 (locale=de_DE@euro,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,2 CPUs)

System error:
E_NOTIMPL

I want to pack and split an ISO with a password. The sourcefile is about 580MB.
Compressing into one file is working, but splitting into two 300MB files gives ,
an error. Some people wrote about the same problem in Ubuntu, when they want
to DEcopmpress a file, but I want to compress and split.

Before I send a bugreport, it would be nice, if someone could confirm this. I
am running debian/wheezy on an amd64 machine.

Thank you

Hans