Re: A new feature at boot up ???

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 13:11:06 +0100, Richard wrote:

> I just went to reboot the machine without X running, so pressing ESC
> after post several times and nothing, the monitor just displayed no
> signal.

You mean the monitor power light is amber as if it wasn't receiving any
video signal? While on notebooks there are no monitor indicator lights,
at least you can attach an external one :-?

> It wasn't until well in to boot process the monitor had signal
> applied, so I missed the boot menu all together.

What happens if you enter into the BIOS? Are you able to get video signal
at this stage of the load?

> very strange, is this something new, or have I got a bios prob ?

I have not noticed such issue and of course, it doesn't look like
something intended. I would run some tests from a LiveCD and see what
happens: if the problem only arises with your current running system
that's something worth reporting.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón