Re: CA Issues

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 03:02:43 +0000, Paddy Tollan wrote:

>> From: chris-usenet@roaima.co.uk
>> Subject: Re: CA Issues
>> Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 16:16:46 +0100 To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>>
>> Paddy Tollan <ptollan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > first sorry for the HTML the output from the output of ls -l
>> > /root/CA/* is
>> [...]
>> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2110 openssl.cnf
>>

>> It seems that your keyboard has run out of fullstops and commas. Can I
>> please suggest that you get it filled up again, so that your writing
>> becomes easier to understand.
>>
>> That's not the openssl.cnf available following instructions at
>> http://www.eclectica.ca/howto/ssl-cert-howto.php#summy for download at
>> ftp://ftp.binarytool.com/pub/linux/ssl/openssl.cnf. Even if you have
>> copied and pasted, and included the (invalid) Begin/End labels, that
>> should still be only 1932 bytes.
>>
>> Can you tell us how you have customised it?

> Hi this is the contents of the file openssl.cnf as I have typed it:

(...)

It looks that you have edited too much and also the directory paths,
why? :-?

Use the given configuration file "as is¹" (do not copy/paste its content
but full download the file), open it with your preferred text editor,
change just the company details to match yours and try again.

¹ftp://ftp.binarytool.com/pub/linux/ssl/openssl.cnf

Greetings,

--
Camaleón