Re: Debian on Nokia N900?

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 09:22:53AM +0200, Selim T. Erdogan wrote:

> > Nokia released some time ago some smartphones using a Debian-based
> > OS, which they called Maemo.
> > I was wondering if anybody on this list had any previous experience
> > with the N900, trying to setup a
> > vanilla Debian system.

I have a N900 and did setup Debian using the Maemo provided packages.  I
could even run openoffice on my N900 in the Debian environment.

I removed it again as it used up a lot of space and was a bit slow.

See http://wiki.maemo.org/Easy_Debian

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain
      thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
                                               Psalms 55:22