gtk theme problem

Hi everyone,

For a while, I have a problem with my themes. I think, it's an engine problem, but I couldn't find a solution to that, and updates did not help me.

Normally, I was using absolute for gnome 2.30 and after some update, I was told that the gtk engine "pixmap" was missing in my system, which is wrong. It is installed. Then I searched through the internet, and the given solutions were to edit gtkrc file (like changing the line where it says "pixmap"). Then I thought maybe it was a problem of my theme, and changed it back to clearlooks, the default theme. Still, the problem is not gone. It really disturbs me. I am not really fond of editing files, because I don't want to deal with every theme that I will install.

Funny thing is that, the problem is not everywhere. Only some applications are affected. But, I don't know if there's a relation between them.

For example: evolution, notifications, keyring box (the theme is installed to /usr/share/themes, so other root app's are OK) are the applications that have problem with the theme.

Maybe I don't know where to look to diagnose the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.