Re: laptop wireless setup, wpa_supplicant.conf, driver ipw not supported? CLI only

On Thu 27 Oct 2011 at 17:42:18 -0700, keitho@strucktower.com wrote:

> BUT... I had actually tried the wext driver as well...and it had failed
> with this output:
>
> root@eve:~# wpa_supplicant -Dwext -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -ieth0 -d
> Initializing interface 'eth0' conf '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf' driver

If the wireless interface is indeed eth0 there could be lots of debugging
ahead of us. If not .....

As Raf Czlonka has already said, using /etc/network/interfaces and its
integration with wpa_supplicant is the way to go. You do not even need a
wpa_supplicant.conf file.

   iface eth0 inet dhcp
	   wpa-ssid myssid
   	   wpa-psk passphrase