Re: Just a simple query

--- On Wed, 10/26/11, Linux Tyro <ubuntu.bkn@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am beginner in Linux and do another job. But I use computer very less.
> Just a simple doubts regarding the selection. Please suggest me regarding
> the following:
>
> "Debian vs openSUSE for a novice"

Neither.

If you are truly a Linux tyro. . . .  In my opinion, PCLinuxOS is one of the best distributions to start with simply because it's designed from the ground up for those coming from another OS like Windows, or who have no Linux or OS administrative experience at all.  It is designed to "work right out of the box."  No additional work required for the most part.  Administration and configuration is all through GUI utilities.

You can still learn Linux on it like any other Linux distro: set up servers, firewalls, etc.  PCLinuxOS afterall is still Linux underneath the flashy GUI.

   http://www.pclinuxos.com/