Re: new to pacemaker and heartbeat on debian...getting error..

Le Wednesday 26 October 2011 06:06:57 Joey L, vous avez écrit :
> Hey Gilles - I got it to somewhat work !!!!

Yeah !

> I tried it with heartbeat under debian and I actually got to see the
> machines online and talking to each other!!!
> What a struggle - but do see the beauty of mc --- but i got it to work
> with heartbeat and not pacemaker/corosync.
> Is there a down side to this ?

If it's working, it's good !
heratbeat will be phased out in futur release in favor of corosync, but you
have some time.

> i was looking to failover services such as dns,ip,apache,mysql,asterisk,nfs
> ?? i have been googling some sites to find out more about the
> configuration and how to make it work for me.
> anything you can point me to would be helpful.

First, look at OCF resource already available here :
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/
You can browse resource agents in drbd-mc.

I see apache, IPaddr(2), mysql, nfsserver.
For dns (bind ?) and asterisk, if their init script is LSB compliant (supports
start, stop and status), you can use them directly as a resource.

> i will go back over your mails in the morning - it is midnight..and
> just exhausted.
> thanks for your help.

No problem.
[...]