Re: Just a simple query

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:55:40 +0530, Linux Tyro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am beginner in Linux and do another job. But I use computer very less.
> Just a simple doubts regarding the selection. Please suggest me
> regarding the following:
>
> "Debian vs openSUSE for a novice"
>
> I am very beginner, however, I do have used Linux (only installed and
> net surfed in it) but never learned simply because I didn't get the
> time. Please let me know regarding and once selected I would be with
> that distro to learn that (no matter how much time I need).

I may get flamed for this (we are on a Debian list after all), but both
are IMHO quite straightforward and simple to use for virtually all
mainstream tasks, provided one reads and follows the instructions on the
side of the tin.

Leaving aside technical considerations however, personally I would not
consider SUSE because of the Novell (hence Micro$oft indirectly)
connection. But that is just my preference.