Re: Debian 4.0 on i686?

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:35:51 +0530, sheela Chitawadagi wrote:

>     This is Sheela.I want to install Debian 4.0 on i686 machine as this
>     is
> the only supported platform for installing driver for my pci board.

If your PCI card is supported by the kernel and manufacturer provides
open source drivers, there is a high chance that it also works in newer
releases.

>    Is it  available for downloading,if so please send me the link.

Yes, it is under CD archive:

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/

But *think twice* before installing such an old operating system for
daily work use. If you are connected to Internet you will be exposing
your system (and your data) to many treats unless you manually patch your
full system :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón