Problem with gdm3 and timedlogin

Hello debian-user!

I have a squeeze machine running as XDMCP server, with 8 thin clients running as kiosk for public internet browsing.

Every thin client must login with an associated user. Thin client 1 with user01, thin client 2 with user02 and so on. This is done with TimedLogin's gdm feature. I have set a delay of 10000. This way the user has to click the "Accept" button to login.

The sessions are killed 20 minutes after login.

I found that gdm is a bit picky with the timedlogin script.
I included two scripts (one working and one not working) as examples.

With the Script1 always appears a windows that saying "Automated login" and two buttons, Accept and Cancel. OK.

With the Script2, at boot, and every first time after logout, appears a windows that saying "Automated login", and two buttons, Accept and Cancel, but also a text box for user and then password. I have to press Cancel or make a failed login and then appears correct window, without the login text box.

These are the scripts.

Script1: works well
-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8
#!/bin/bash

case "$DISPLAY" in
   192.168.25.1:* )
   echo user01
   ;;
   192.168.25.2:* )
   echo user02
   ;;
   192.168.25.9:* )
   echo usuario09
   ;;
esac
-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8

Script2: fails at boot and the first time after every logout
-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8-------x8
#!/bin/bash

case "$DISPLAY" in
   192.168.25.1:* )
   sleep 1
   echo user01
   ;;
   192.168.25.2:* )
   sleep 1
   echo user02
   ;;
   192.168.25.9:* )
   sleep 1
   echo usuario09
   ;;
esac

Script2 are senseless, only a simple example, but... why doesnt work well?

Any idea?

Regards.

Santiago Castillo Oli        scastillo@aragon.es
Técnico de sistemas                 976 71 50 06
Biblioteca de Aragón