Re: preseeding/partman-auto: LVM expert recipe problem

On 25.10.2011 15:38, Tom H wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Thorsten Sperber <lists@aero2k.de> wrote:

> (You don't need the "\" within the recipes)

Thank you, I read about that and wasn't sure, because so many people's
examples contained them.

> Can the installer's partitioning algorithm really do that?!

Hm, I have a pretty similiar recipe with raid and this works..raid &
lvm. I just tested it again to be really sure. There is no
exabyte-recipe result.

>>From "partman-auto-recipe.txt":
>
> 6. HOW THE ACTUAL PARTITION SIZES ARE COMPUTED
> -snip-

Well, I have to admit that I didn't make this calculation by hand.

> 7. APPENDIX
> -----------
>
> On May 25th 2004, it was noted that on i386 systems, the very minimum size of
> a Debian installation on a classical (/, /usr, /usr, /home) setup was:
> 48MB on / (6MB on /boot)
> 77MB on /usr
> 17MB on /var
> It is thus wise to use minimum values with this consideration in mind.
>
> #261244: 70MB are required for /var
> #265290: 1.8GB are not enough for / with desktop

Sure. See my reply to Raf Czlonka with the "real" recipe. I thought that
100MB would tell me something about the error, something quicker/easier
than proving it with 9 partitions/elements for the formula. At this time
of the installation, no information about the wanted packages are
available and even if 100MB are not enough for a base system, it has
*nothing* to do with this calculation.

Thorsten