Re: how to resize a compact flash image on disk

David Goodenough wrote:
> Is there a tool which will taks the disk image and adjust it to a
> smaller size (it is far from full - there is plenty of empty space)
> before copying it to the CF.

You didn't say what filesystem type you are using so this is a
suggestion in the blind, the best I can do.

Have you looked at 'resize2fs' the ext2/ext3/ext4 file system resizer?
Seems like you should be able to loop mount your image, resize it,
unmount it, then truncate the file to the smaller size.  For safety
always keep a backup!

Bob