Re: Nvidia xstart problem.

Am Samstag, 22. Oktober 2011 schrieb L V Gandhi:
> I face problems in X getting started many times.I give below last relevent
> portions of failed and normal Xorg.log
>
> Failed Xstart

Most problem is the missing kernel-module. Try to install nvidia-kernel-dkms
and nvidia-glx.

You must add "contrib" and "non-free" to the entries in /etc/apt/sources.list

like

deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

as usual. Then install the packages. Everything should be
built automatically. After that make sure, nvidia-kernel is loaded.

Good luck! If it does not work, please feel free to ask again.

Greets

Hans