Re: new to pacemaker and heartbeat on debian...getting error..

>> yep - did a clone of a resource on vbox --- now i removed all packages
>> and trying to re-install, but getting error :
>> Done.
>> Warning: The home dir /var/lib/heartbeat you specified already exists.
>> Adding system user `hacluster' (UID 117) ...
>> Adding new user `hacluster' (UID 117) with group `haclient' ...
>> The home directory `/var/lib/heartbeat' already exists.  Not copying
>> from `/etc/skel'.
>> adduser: Warning: The home directory `/var/lib/heartbeat' does not
>> belong to the user you are currently creating.
>> Processing triggers for python-central ...
>
> That's not a problem. If you want to be clean, remove again the packages,
> delete /var/lib/heartbeat and reinstall the packages.
>

>> any helpful words ?? please ???
>
> Yes, for a virtual IP, you don't have to create a clone, a clone is for a
> resource which must run on both systems at the same time !

Ok -- I deleted everything on the box that referred to heartbeat and
pacemaker - and then
did a dpkg --remove heartbeat and pacemaker   --- i still get the error.
Anything else I have to remove ??
can you tell me where the install script is ? i would like to see
where it is dying.
The default files that need to be in /etc are not getting installed.

When i said i created a clone - I cloned a vbox vm machine - so i can
fail each box and see what is happening on the other box.
I really did not understand your clone resource statement - can i get
clarification ?
thanks