Re: new to pacemaker and heartbeat on debian...getting error..

Le Thursday 20 October 2011 21:59:16 Joey L, vous avez écrit :
> > Pacemaker fails to start the resource "failover-ip".
> > - How is your network configured ? I hope it's static.
> > - What is the definition of your resource (crm configure show
> > failover-ip) ? It seems strange that it tried to start the failover-ip
> > on both nodes. Except if it's the failover. You didn't create a clone
> > for this resource ?
>
> yep - did a clone of a resource on vbox --- now i removed all packages
> and trying to re-install, but getting error :
> Done.
> Warning: The home dir /var/lib/heartbeat you specified already exists.
> Adding system user `hacluster' (UID 117) ...
> Adding new user `hacluster' (UID 117) with group `haclient' ...
> The home directory `/var/lib/heartbeat' already exists.  Not copying
> from `/etc/skel'.
> adduser: Warning: The home directory `/var/lib/heartbeat' does not
> belong to the user you are currently creating.
> Processing triggers for python-central ...

That's not a problem. If you want to be clean, remove again the packages,
delete /var/lib/heartbeat and reinstall the packages.

> any helpful words ?? please ???

Yes, for a virtual IP, you don't have to create a clone, a clone is for a
resource which must run on both systems at the same time !