Re: Editing in HTML textareas excruciatingly slow in Iceweasel, not in Chrome

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 12:29:06 -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

(...)

> So, two things: (1) if you do a lot of editing, as I do, in HTML
> textareas, and you've experienced this problem with Iceweasel, I can
> recommend a switch to Chrome;

I cannot reproduce the slowness on wheezy (iceweasel 7.0.1, intel VGA,
GNOME).

Are all of the textarea fields behaving the same? I mean, have you tested
in different web pages/sites? While editing, are there any messages on
the error console?

> and (2) anyone have any idea what the problem is with Iceweasel?

Mmm, I would start testing with a complete empty/clean (no plugins/
addons) Iceweasel profile, just to discard those cache "oddness" that
make Firefox going nuts.

Does Epiphany act in the same way?

Greetings,

--