Re: xinit xbmc-standalone on boot

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 20:58:11 +0200, Mariusz Sielicki wrote:

>> Unfortunately movies don't run smoothly. When I start a 720p movie and
>> log in with ssh to check the system load with top, xbmc uses around
>> 100% cpu.
>>
>> When I disable the init.d script, reboot, login and start xinit xbmc-
>> standalone manually the same movie runs smoothly and uses only around
>> 10% cpu power.
>>

> Check xbmc user permissions.
>
> It's my group file:
> cat /etc/group | grep xbmc
> audio:x:29:xbmc
> video:x:44:xbmc
> xbmc:x:999:
>
> bye
> lucky XBMC user :)

Thanks for your answer!

I set up another PC using this guide:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMCbuntu

On the Shuttle I can't install Ubuntu because it can't set up the NIC.
Debian has no problem so I went for Debian. And since I use it for my
media server and my laptop I wasn't unhappy. That's the story ;-)

In the above mentioned guide they say that I have to

sudo usermod --group
adm,sudo,cdrom,floppy,audio,video,plugdev,netdev,powerdev,fuse,polkituser
xbmc

Some of the groups didn't exist but the audio and video groups did.

I had another problem with the sound.
So i tried openELEC wich worked out of the box and is very fast. But the
video slows down a little bit from time to time (about every minute).
Don't know yet why this is...

Regards
Another happy XBMC user :-D