Re: Virtualbox.. hogging resources?

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:52:44 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:

(...)

Well, I said "cores" (processor cores) not ram :-)

> I think a poster on the vb list may have hit the nail about this.  The
> guest OS (Solaris [openindiana]) is known to be a heavy ram user (zfs
> file system) and more ram is recommended, so the thinking was that its
> actually the guest chewing up ram.

Yes, that's also a good advice you can try (minimal ram requirement for
openindiana is 512 MiB but that's for bare metal, I'd guess).

Besides, if physical ram is a constraint or is limited at the host side,
adding a "/swap" slice -or file for paging- of 2 or even 4 GiB can also
help to alleviate the guest performance.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón