Re: Virtualbox.. hogging resources?

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:12:19 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:

> I've just installed a guest OS of openindiana-151 (Solaris) and on first
> boot after install I'm seeing VirtualBox pegged at around 95 % for
> minutes on end.
>
> I don't recal seeing anything like that some time ago installing the
> same OS on a windows 7 HOST.
>
> Can any VB users here confirm that this damned unusual?

I can't confirm because I run the opposite (windows host with debian
guests) and as you, have had not issues at all although the host is not a
very powerful machine.

Are you running the latest available version of VirtualBox and Guest
Additions?

How many cores do you have in the host and how many are assigned to the
guest?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón