Re: which system is similar with debian

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 01:04:28PM +0800, lina wrote:
> I want to download a software, which only provided the below options
> except Windows:
>
> 1] RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 (64 bit)
> 2] RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 (64 bit)
> 3] Suse Linux Enterprise 10/11 (64 bit).
>
> I am not sure which one will relatively better fit the x86_64
> GNU/Linux wheezy one.

These are not similar to Debian much at all. They ship the same kernel
(although different versions), and many of the GNU, BSD and other userland
tools, but the filesystems are totally different, the package managers are
different, and much more.

Further, you shouldn't using RHEL 4 or 5, as both are old releases. RHEL
6.1 is current, even though they all still receive security patches.

At any rate, if one of the above must be installed, then you're going to
learn a new system.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o