Howto asses possible damage from downgrade Xorg

Running recently installed wheezy system

I see this version information concerning Xorg server:

 aptitude versions xserver-xorg-core
i A 2:1.11.1-1           testing      500

I'd like to experiment with the previous version 1.10.  Compare
certain behavior against the current version. But don't know what I'm
doing well enough to make a good assessment of what damage may be done
to my system by downgrading like that on such an important piece of
software, that has many many ramifications.

Can anyone guide me on this, or is this the kind of thing I should
install a vm guest for?

Can anyone say what version of Xorg is current in `stable'?
Further, how can access that kind of information?  Is there a list
somewhere of the packages current on stable, testing, unstable?

I see this site http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/ where one could
find that information but it has the software separated into the
various sub divisions.

Is there a page that just has 1 massive list?