Re: alsa error messages

On 2011-10-13, Richard <richard.bown@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm getting some error messages that weren't there in squeeze, they are not stopping the application
> from running, but I'd like to get rid of them.

What application would that be?  Or am I being stupid or something?

And when you say the messages weren't there in squeeze, are we meant to
infer that you are no longer using squeeze and are now using testing or
something?

And are we also meant to infer that something isn't working (what?  no
sound?) or is it only a question of getting rid of the messages (which I
would describe as informational rather than error messages -- usually
error messages say ERROR in the message).

Have you looked here for troubleshooting ideas and techniques?

http://wiki.debian.org/ALSA

> I've use slocate to try and find the file which is being read, but I cant find it.
> Does anyone known the location and name off the offending file please.

Aren't the configuration files here(?):

/usr/share/alsa/pcm