Re: odd network error - wireless drops when browsing with mc over ssh

On 13/10/11 20:20, Mike McGinn wrote:
I have experienced wireless network disconnects when connected to remote
machines. In my case this seemed to be a characteristic of the wireless
network, which my wife and son hammer relentlessly. I now use a wired
connection when connecting remotely.

Try with a wired connection and see what happens. I think many of these
wireless routers are crap.

I can do that just to test what the problem is, but not long-term - it means running a cable down the stairs and through the living room. I rent the house so can't really start rewiring things.

Can you recommend a good wireless ADSL router?

andy