New desktop configuration

Hi all,

Just a quick question about RAID and linux file systems. I am building a new desktop and wondering what the best configuration to get redundancy and speed.
Some thing like ZFS RAID1 or RAIDz.

I am not going with SSDs as they are beyond my budget. I believe I can get the required performance from 7200 HDD using RAID with added redundancy and enough storage space without the price penalty of SSDs.

from what I understand Btrfs is the closest to ZFS and this is not production ready yet. Also it does not offer the advanced features of ZFS like RAID, deduplication.

Currently I am used to LUKS+LVM configuration with file level back ups to a server.

Any suggestions?

--
Kind regards,
Yudi