Output of /sbin/route reversed?

Hello,

I just noticed on my notebook running up-to-date sid that the output of
route changed compared to what I've been used to for ages, in that it
shows the default gateway as top-most line:

x61s:/etc# /sbin/route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
0.0.0.0         10.135.15.254   0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
[..rest of the about 15 entries get printed below..]

Is this something I missed regarding the kernel routing table? Or is
this some problem with my setup? (plain ifupdown configuration plus
OpenVPN, but it's the same w/out OpenVPN)

Cheers
Wolfgang