Re: router for loadbalancing..anyone know a low cost solution ??

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Tom De Vylder <tom@penumbra.be> wrote:
> On 12 Oct 2011, at 14:48, Joey L wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Tom De Vylder <tom@penumbra.be> wrote:
>>> On 12 Oct 2011, at 14:39, Joey L wrote:
>>>

>> Can i do failover over of asterisk,apache,mysql,postfix ???
>
> Yes, you can.
>
>> -- can you point me to articles on configuration or sample setups ??
>
> Sure can.
>
> MySQL: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-ha-scalability/en/index.html
> Apache: http://www.howtoforge.com/setting-up-a-high-availability-load-balancer-with-haproxy-keepalived-on-debian-lenny
> Postfix: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MX_record#The_backup_MX
> Asterisk: http://danielaliaman.com/blog///index.php/asterisk_ha_installation_guide?blog=2

And for configuring the software:

Red Hat Cluster Suite:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Cluster_Administration/index.html

Due to the release dates of Squeeze vs. RHEL, I'm going to guess the
RHEL 5 documentation is more appropriate, but I can't imagine
anything's really changed since RHEL 6's release.  To read the RHEL 6
documentation, just replace the /5/ with /6/ in the above URL.

While the software and documentation is from Red Hat, it's packaged in
Debian and I'm sure the RHEL documentation will be a useful guide in
setting it up.  There are several sections on the Cluster Suite listed
down the left hand side of the page.  Be sure to pick what you need.

--
Chris