Re: XFCE--can't mount USB devices

On 10/12/2011 05:53 AM, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:

usability of the system, and it's getting very frustrating; I'd think
that the ability of a regular user to hotplug removable media should be
an important thing to have working.

I thought I'd add an additional comment about having regular users able to hotplug removable media. Actually, the way this is currently set up in Thunar is, IMO, sub-optimal. The Thunar context menu doesn't differentiate between unmounting and ejecting. You can mount, and you can eject. That doesn't suit me at all. So, even when I was using LightDM, I tended to use pmount for controlling the mounting and unmounting of removable media and drives.

This feature of Thunar was deliberate, but I believe I've read from an authoritative source (developer) that it's going to be rectified in a future version.