Re: PCManFM in SID

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:23:20 +0530
"Sridhar M.A." <mas@mylug.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 04:46:08PM -0400, Robert Blair Mason Jr.
> wrote:
>    >
>    > PCManFM Releases:
>    >
>    > 0.9.9 - August 2011 - this version works fine
>    > 0.9.8 (SID) - October 2010 - this is the version that's having
>    > bugs 0.9.7 (Squeeze) - May 2010 - this version works but isn't
>    > as nice in handling removable media.  I was using this and apt
>    > pinning until I upgraded from source.
>    >
> If you are not averse to installing from non-standard repos, you can
> get the latest version.

I'm not averse to non-standard repos (I have a git version installed
in /usr/local).  It just seems to me that sid is supposed to have
fairly new packages, and that this is especially true when upgrading
would increase stability on some platforms.  These bugs (in wheezy &
sid) are critical to LXDE - If the file manager doesn't even start it
doesn't look good for the DE.  The bugs have been filed for quite some
time, and closed as "fixed upstream".  However, this code hasn't been
integrated into the package.

--
rbmj