Re: Evolution still crashing in stable---WHY???

On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 16:42 +0100, Darac Marjal wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:22:35AM -0500, John W. Foster wrote:
> > Its stable...so why is evolution crashing every time I send a message or
> > add to my address book. EVERY TIME!!
>
> Debian uses the term 'Stable' in the 'Steady, Unchanging, Reliable'
> sense of the word. There is no declaration of robustness that I'm aware
> of.
Yep I know; just a tongue in cheek bit of sarcastic rant.

> > I dumped everything incl the ./evolution files
> > in /home/myusername/.evolution; I imported the files that I needed back
> > into the new install & cleaned up everything. It's still crashing. Any
> > ideas? At this point I,m actually considering dumping it in favor of
> > Thunderbird & friends that do what I need, though I don't like the
> > screen layout of the bird.
>
> Are you seeing any errors at the crash? (What are they?) Have you tried
> sending messages WITHOUT importing files (maybe it's your files that are
> corrupt?) Have you looked through
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=evolution;dist=stable
> for anything that sounds similar to your case?

Found several bug reports that may produce similar results, but nothing
definite. As usual there is at least a 95% chance that this is operator
 error, so I don't want to file a bug report. As far as errors,
 evolution does not report them, as far as I can find. As far as
 'importing' files, those are imports of contacts, calendars, & stored
 mails, etc. No issues there except that evolution will not import its
 own .db files for the contacts list, but that's another issues.
Any other ides? And thanks for replying.
frosty